Terms & Conditions
Chase Distillery Presents Rock the Farm & the Chase Cup Global Cocktail Competition 2019
A reminder of the brief:
Showcase true sustainability within the industry, championing home-grown and made from scratch craft. It has to be original and a personal creation, think seasonal, local and sustainable.
- Minimum 30ml (1oz) Chase Vodka or Chase GB Gin or Chase Pink Grapefruit Gin
- Maximum 6 Ingredients, excluding garnish
- Drinks can contain homemade ingredients (must send all recipes with your entry)
- Please name your drink
- Provide story/rationale behind cocktail inspiration that reflects your local area
The Global Final will be held at Chase Distillery, Herefordshire, HR1 3PG, United Kingdom on June 3rd 2019.
12:00 Preparation room opens, your BDM will provide you with access (more details below)
14:00 Finalists meet for briefing in distillery shop, the order in which finalists will compete will be determined at this point
16:30 Competitions begins – Round 1
18:00 Round 1 closes, mystery box revealed, top three finalists announced
18:15 Top 3 finalists announced and the final round – mystery box challenge commences
18:30 Winner announced
(Please note that the agenda between 16:30 and 18:30 may be subject to change on the day depending on time used by each finalist)
A prep room with running water, fridge, freezer and digital scales will be provided for finalists to use if required. Please note that there are no cooking facilities, please make sure you fully understand what prep you need to do before you arrive at the distillery..
The order in which finalists will compete will be selected at random on the day.
Finalists will compete on the festival main stage from a pop up bar (pictured below), complete with ice well, pump sink and speed rail.
The global final will be judged by Simon Difford, Sandrae Lawrence, Merlin Griffiths and James Chase. Entries will be awarded points for:
- Name, Balance, Taste, Originality, Appearance
- Presentation skills
- Overall knowledge of the brand and products
- Respect of the time limit
Finalists will be asked to create their original drink (that they had submitted online and had been successful with at their countries National Final) on stage in front of the judging panel and audience.
There will be 13 finalists present; representing the United Kingdom (East London, West London, Birmingham, Manchester, Bristol), United States, Australia, UAE, Hong Kong, Spain, Italy, Germany and Holland.
- Finalists will be required to create two of their cocktail
- Please bring your own glassware and ingredients (please note that we’re in a rural location so it will not be easy to source ingredients on the day. We would suggest bringing more ingredients than needed)
- Please bring all of the equipment and barware that you will need to use on the day of the competition
- Standard crushed and cubed ice will be available, if you require speciality ice please bring this with you, a freezer is available in the prep room.
- Please be aware that every bartender has seven minutes to create and present their cocktail, any bartender that goes over this allocated time will have a 5 points per minute deducted
Top 3 scores will be selected to compete in the final round.
FINAL ROUND – MYSTERY BOX CHALLENGE
The Mystery Box challenge is designed to test the finalists tenacity, reactiveness and creativity.
The ingredients within the mystery box will be revealed after the first round is completed whilst the judges are adding up their total scores (15 minutes), top three will be announced and running order will be selected at random.
- The box will contain a selection of Chase Gin and Vodka accompanied by an array of fresh, seasonal produce.
- All bar tools, glassware and ingredients will be provided, no personal equipment or ingredients to be used in this round
- Standard crushed and cubed ice will be available
- Please be aware that every bartender has five minutes to create and present their cocktail, any bartender that goes over this allocated time will have a 5 points per minute deducted
The winner of The Chase Cup cocktail competition will be determined by the overall number of points achieved during both rounds of the Global Final.
- £2500 Cash Prize, Guest Bar Tender/Ambassador at BCB Berlin 2019 or BCB Brooklyn 2020
- Rock The Farm 2019 Trophy
- A year’s supply of Chase Spirits
2 x Runners up: A year’s supply of Chase spirits